SUSPICIOUS BABY DEATH IN LAUDERDALE LAKES
- BSO Case Number: 04-1407-01798
- PIO Number: 14-7-22
- Date: 7/24/14
- Time: 4:13 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2920 N.W. 44 Terr., Lauderdale Lakes
- Subject (s): Nickashae Beckford, 25, female, 2/17/89, 2920 N.W. 44 Terr., Lauderdale Lakes
- Jurisdiction: Lauderdale Lakes
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are investigating the suspicious death of an infant in Lauderdale Lakes.
BSO Communications received a 911 call at 4:13 p.m. July 24 advising that a baby was discovered in the tub of one of the bathrooms of the home at 2920 N.W. 44 Terrace. Nickashae Beckford, 25, lives at the home with her mother and stepfather. According to Beckford she had a miscarriage a few days prior to the discovery of the infant Thursday afternoon. The infant’s remains were transported to the Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy.
BSO Homicide detectives are investigating the discovery as a suspicious death.
Anyone with information about the incident is urged to contact BSO Homicide Detective Carlos Salazar at 954-765-4321 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477). A reward of up to $3,000 is available for information that leads to an arrest.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Salazar & Tutler, C.I.D. Homicide; Dist. 4; Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepcion/PIO 7/24/14 1130
Posted At: 07/24/2014 11:11 PM
Translate This Page: