ELDERLY COUPLE FOUND DEAD IN NORTH BROWARD
- BSO Case Number: BS01-11-12512
- PIO Number: 01-11-36
- Date: November 28, 2001
- Time: 1627
- Place of Occurrence: 2750 W. Golf Blvd, Building 4, unincorporated Pompano Beach
- Anna Orlen, 73, 6/25/28, female, 2750 W. Golf Blvd., uninc. Pompano Beach (DECEASED)
- Joseph Orlen, 77, 7/21/24, male, 2750 W. Golf Blvd., uninc. Pompano Beach (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives are investigating the death of an elderly couple found late Wednesday afternoon in their North Broward condominium.
The couple’s real estate agent arrived at the second floor condo, located at 2750 West Golf Boulevard near Pompano Beach, around 3 p.m. to drop off a “for sale” sign. The agent went inside after no one answered the door. He told detectives he smelled a strange odor, and found Joseph and Anna Orlen lying in their bed.
Thinking the couple was asleep, the agent left. But he returned to the condo around 4:30 p.m. after several of his phone calls went unanswered. The agent made contact with the association’s president, and BSO was notified shortly after.
An autopsy is planned for Thursday to determine the exact cause of death. However, based on evidence left at the scene, it does not appear that the deaths were the result of a third party.
Family members said Anna has been suffering from serious medical problems for quite some time. The couple has lived in the retirement community of Leisureville for about three years.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. B. O’Neil, Homicide
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
Posted At: 11/28/2001 08:07 PM
Translate This Page: