MARAUDER SEARCHES FOR WINNING TICKETS
- BSO Case Number: DR13-06-1998
- PIO Number: 13-7-29
- Date: June 12, 2013
- Time: 3:30 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 404 S. Powerline Rd., Deerfield Beach
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- Stop N Save Food Store, 404 S. Powerline Rd., Deerfield Beach
- Century News & Tobacco, 1818 W Hillsboro Blvd., Deerfield Beach
- El Balcon De Las Americas, 246 S Powerline Rd., Deerfield Beach
- Kwik Stop, 290 Lock Rd., Deerfield Beach
- Unidentified male
Description of Incident:
A meticulous marauder takes his time pilfering convenience stores in search of cash and hundreds of lottery tickets.
The unidentified burglar methodically gathered almost 1,500 scratch-off lottery tickets, valued at almost $6,600, into neat piles in the early hours on June 12, 2013, in the Stop N Save Food Store in Deerfield Beach. The masked robber was captured on surveillance video during the robbery where he also managed to take $200 from the cash register and the store’s laptop computer.
The burglar is believed to be working with an accomplice. He seemed to pause at several points during the burglary as if he were communicating with a lookout. The serial prowler is believed to be involved in four break-ins in northern Broward County and several more in the Boca Raton area.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact BSO Detective Dimos Charoudis at 954-422-5829 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Det. Dimos Charoudis, D10/CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 7/29/13 1350
Translate This Page: