BSO INVESTIGATES COUPLE'S DEATHS AS DOUBLE MURDER
- PIO Number: 13-11-3b
- Time: 6:42 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2440 Deer Creek Country Club Blvd., Deerfield Beach
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- •Barbara Russo, female, age 78, 5/14/35, 2440 Deer Creek Country Club Blvd., Apt 210, Deerfield Beach (DECEASED)
- •Philip Russo, male, age 88, 1/8/25, 2440 Deer Creek Country Club Blvd., Apt 210, Deerfield Beach (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
An elderly couple whose bodies were discovered in their Deerfield Beach condominium Monday by their daughter were brutally murdered, according to Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives.
Detectives said Philip and Barbara Russo were killed sometime Monday in their Palms of Deer Creek condominium. Detectives are not releasing the causes of death, though they confirmed the Russos were killed in a violent manner. Their daughter reported finding the bodies at 6:42 p.m. Monday. BSO Crime Scene detectives have been processing evidence at the scene since the investigation began. The couple's bodies were removed late Tuesday afternoon. The Broward County Medical Examiner will likely conduct autopsies Wednesday.
Anyone who has information about the homicides is urged to call BSO Homicide Detective John Curcio at 954-321-4210 or report anonymous information to Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477). A reward of up to $3,000 is available for information leading to an arrest.
INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Curcio, Blankenship, Sgt. Champagne, Homicide; Crime Scene; Deerfield Beach
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 11/5/13 1800
Posted At: 11/05/2013 05:31 PM
Translate This Page: