DANIA BEACH SHOOTING
- PIO Number: 01-10-6 Case Number: DN01-10-0587
- Date: October 5, 2001
- Time: 1448
- Place of Occurrence: 4111 Stirling Road, Dania Beach
- Cheryl Woods, 23, 11/25/77, female, 4111 Stirling Rd. Apt. 405, Dania Beach
- Aaron Woods, 26, 12/24/74, male, 4111 Stirling Rd. Apt. 405, Dania Beach
Description of Incident:
A Dania Beach woman was rushed to the hospital Friday afternoon after being shot by her husband.
Broward Sheriff's Office deputies responded to The Oaks Condominiums, located at 4111 Stirling Road in Dania Beach, shortly before 3 p.m. Cheryl Woods was found suffering from a gunshot wound to the abdomen. She was transported to Memorial Hospital of Hollywood and rushed into surgery.
The victim’s husband, Aaron Woods, remained at the scene. BSO Domestic Violence detectives are investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident in order to determine if the shooting was intentional or accidental.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Need & Campbell, DV Unit
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
Posted At: 10/05/2001 04:54 PM
Translate This Page: