MAN DROWNS AFTER JUMPING INTO POOL
- BSO Case Number: 13-1309-000218
- PIO Number: 13-9-17
- Date: September 14, 2013
- Time: 8:52 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 264 Codrington Drive, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea
- Jurisdiction: Lauderdale-By-The-Sea
- Anish D. John, male, 28, 12/14/84, 14585 Shotgun Road, Davie (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A 28-year-old Davie man who could not swim died early Sunday morning, a few hours after jumping into a swimming pool at a party.
Anish John had likely been under water for several minutes before other party-goers noticed him at 8:52 p.m. They pulled him out of the pool, and several people with medical training who had been attending the party immediately began cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Lauderdale-By-The-Sea Volunteer Fire Department responded and AMR ambulance transported him to Holy Cross Hospital, where he was pronounced dead after 1 a.m.
It is unclear why John jumped into the pool and why he couldn’t make it to the surface of the water. Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are investigating the death.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Det. Scott, Sgt. Ellwood; Lauderdale-By-The-Sea VFD
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 9/15/13 1245