DETECTIVES INVESTIGATE A MURDER/SUICIDE
- BSO Case Number: PB12-05-1298
- PIO Number: 12-5-9
- Date: 5/5/2012
- Time: 9:51 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2300 W. Atlantic Blvd., Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Name withheld, 35-year-old female (DECEASED)
- Name withheld, 27-year-old male (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office Homicide detectives investigating the death of a woman found inside a car in the parking lot of the Walmart in Pompano Beach Saturday morning, soon found out the suspect in their case had committed suicide in Coral Springs.
Shortly before 10 a.m., BSO dispatch received a call alerting deputies about the crime in Pompano Beach. Responding deputies confirmed a 35-year-old female was deceased inside a dark color, four-door sedan.
At around the same time, Coral Springs Police officers responded to a call of a body found floating in a canal. When officers arrived at the canal at 9904 Twin Lakes Drive they found the deceased male and a suicide note detailing what he had done.
BSO detectives have confirmed the suspect and the victim were involved in a relationship that had recently ended. Investigators believe the suspect killed the victim at the Pompano Beach location and he later killed himself in Coral Springs.
Both bodies were transported to the Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy and official cause of death.
The investigation continues. Identities are being withheld pending notification of the next of kin.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. Berrena & Sgt. Feeley, CID Homicide; Pompano Beach; Coral Springs Police Department
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepcion/PIO 5/5/12 2000
Translate This Page: