TAMARAC TRAFFIC FATALITY
- BSO Case Number: TM12-05-0420
- PIO Number: 12-5-8
- Date: May 4, 2012
- Time: 9:33 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 3800 block of West Commercial Blvd., Tamarac
- Jurisdiction: Tamarac
- Mark G. McKenzie, 26, 10/7/85, male, Tamarac (DECEASED)
- Joseph E. Mudahy, 73, 9/6/38, male, Lauderdale Lakes
Description of Incident:
The Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Unit is investigating a two-car crash in Tamarac that left one man dead this morning.
The fatal incident occurred at about 9:30 a.m. in the 3800 block of West Commercial Boulevard. A black Acura, driven by Mark McKenzie, 26, was westbound on Commercial and a dark blue Honda CRV, driven by Joseph Mudahy, 73, was eastbound, making a left turn into the Bank of America. The two vehicles collided and the Acura came to rest against a wooden utility pole.
Mckenzie, in the Acura, was apparently killed on impact. It does not appear that he was wearing a seatbelt. Mudahy in the CRV was not seriously hurt. Neither vehicle carried any passengers.
The crash impacted traffic on Commercial Boulevard for several hours. No charges have been filed pending completion of the ongoing Traffic Homicide investigation.
- THIS REPORT BY: Dets. C. DeJesus, R. Miller, BSO THI Jim Leljedal / PIO 5/4/12 1245
Translate This Page: