NEIGHBOR ALTERCATION LEAVES ONE DEAD
OAKLAND PARK MURDER SUSPECT SOUGHT
- OAKLAND PARK MURDER SUSPECT
- BSO Case Number: OP13-06-00164
- PIO Number: 13-6-1
- Date: June 2, 2013
- Time: 7:07 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 316 NW 40 Ct., Oakland Park
- Jurisdiction: Oakland Park
- Kenneth Sewell, 25, male, 12/21/87 316 NW 40 Ct., Oakland Park (DECEASED)
- April Maria Muniz Moscareillo, 22, female, 04/01/91 316 NW 40 Ct., Oakland Park
- Victor Ramos, 57, male, 04/15/56 260 NW 40 Ct., Oakland Park (AT LARGE)
Description of Incident:
An altercation turned deadly after a man shot a couple Sunday night in Oakland Park.
At 7:07 p.m., Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a report of two people shot near 316 NW 40 Ct. First-arriving units found Kenneth Sewell, 25, fatally shot behind the duplex and April Maria Muniz Moscareillo, 22, also shot. Sewell was pronounced dead on the scene by Oakland Park Fire Rescue, who also transported the female to Broward Health Medical Center where she was treated and released for a superficial gunshot wound.
BSO Homicide Unit detectives interviewed the surviving victim and witnesses, who identified the suspect as Victor Ramos, 57, a neighbor of the couple’s. According to statements taken, the shooting culminated following an argument late last week between the suspect and the victims about the way Ramos looked at Moscareillo. The couple thought the argument was over but Ramos showed up Sunday night and shot them.
The BSO SWAT Team searched the neighborhood and several residences into early Monday morning looking for the suspect. A search warrant was executed for Ramos’ residence and several items were taken as evidence that may be linked to the crime. BSO homicide detectives have an arrest warrant for Victor Ramos.
If anyone has information about Victor Ramos’ whereabouts, they should contact BSO Homicide Unit Detective Efrain Torres at 954-321-4210 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-497-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: CID, Homicide, D-12, Crime Scene, OPFR, Sgt. Feeley, Det. Torres
- THIS REPORT BY: Mike Jachles/PIO 06/03/13 1400
- Victor Ramos - Oakland Park murder suspect