BSO ARRESTS MAN IN FATAL SHOOTING OVER DOMINOES GAME
- PIO Number: 14-3-25A
- Date: March 19, 2014
- Time: 10:53 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 560 N.W. 29 Terr., Ft. Lauderdale
- Jurisdiction: central Broward County
- Roderick Simmons, male, 30, 10/17/83, 560 N.W. 29 Terr., Ft. Lauderdale (DECEASED)
- Tyrell Cobbin, male, 24, 8/6/89m 290 N.W. 29 Terr., Ft. Lauderdale
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives, BSO's SWAT Fugitive Unit and members of the U.S. Marshals Task Force arrested a 24-year-old Broward County man Friday afternoon on a first-degree murder charge for a fatal shooting Wednesday night.
Tryell Cobbin was hiding at a friend's house in Opa Locka around 4 p.m. Friday when he was arrested for the murder of Roderick Simmons, 30. The shooting happened just before 11 p.m. Wednesday as Simmons played dominoes with friends in front of his house. Witnesses told detectives that a dark-colored vehicle pulled up, the occupants got out with guns and almost immediately opened fire on the group. Simmons and another man were hit.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported both victims to Broward Health Medical Center. Simmons was pronounced dead a short time later. Bonnie Lockhart, 30, was treated for non-life-threatening gunshot wounds.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with additional information is asked to contact BSO Detective Frank Ilarraza at (954) 321-4210 or anonymously report tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Det. Ilarraza, Sgt. Champagne, CID; District 5; SBFR
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 3/21/14 2145
Posted At: 03/21/2014 09:33 PM
Translate This Page: