MAN DROWNS IN BACKYARD LAKE
- BSO Case Number: 16-1404-001351
- PIO Number: 14-4-19
- Date: April 14, 2014
- Time: 8:58 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 10165 S.W. 53 St., Cooper City
- Jurisdiction: Cooper City
- Jeffrey Morganlender, male, 49, 4/13/65,10165 S.W. 53 St., Cooper City (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A 49-year-old Cooper City man drowned Monday evening in a lake behind his home, according to Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives.
Jeffrey Morganlender was fishing on a dilapidated, uneven, floating dock when his relatives last saw him. They went back into the house, and when they came out, he wasn’t there. After looking for him for about 40 minutes, they found him in the water not far from the dock. It’s unclear how he ended up there, though it’s possible he had a medical problem or slipped and fell. His chair was on its side when they found him. Alcohol may have played a role.
His relatives pulled Morganlender out of the lake and attempted to resuscitate him before Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue paramedics arrived and took over. BSFR transported him to Memorial West Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 9:34 p.m. The Broward County Medical Examiner will determine the cause of Morganlender’s death, which remains under investigation.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Det. Forsberg, Sgt. Ellwood; CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 4/15/14 1515
Posted At: 04/15/2014 03:05 PM
Translate This Page: