MAN CHARGED WITH MURDER IN ROOMMATE’S STABBING DEATH
- BSO Case Number: 11-1405-000576
- PIO Number: 14-5-3a
- Date: May 3, 2014
- Time: 5:13 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 215 S.W. 2 St., Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Clarence Williams, male, 57, 8/28/56, 215 S.W. 2 St., Pompano Beach (DECEASED)
- Jacob Cagle, male, 23, 2/19/91, 215 S.W. 2 St., Pompano Beach (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
A 23-year-old Pompano Beach man is facing murder charges in the stabbing death of his roommate. Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives said Jacob Cagle fatally stabbed early Saturday 57-year-old Clarence Williams in a fight on the street where they live.
The incident started at 5:13 a.m. outside the men's home on Southwest 2 Street in Pompano Beach. A 911 caller notified BSO of the incident, and deputies just leaving BSO's Pompano Beach district office a few blocks away arrived on scene quickly. They found Williams fatally wounded on the ground about four houses from their home. Cagle, who was also injured, was still on scene. He was taken to Broward Health North Medical Center by Pompano Beach Fire Rescue.
Detectives believe the fight began inside and moved down the street. Anyone with information can contact BSO Det. Kelly Stull at (954) 321-4210 or report information anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Dets. Ilarraza, Stull; Sgt. Champagne, CID; Pompano Beach; Crime Scene, PBFR
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 5/5/14 1200
Translate This Page: