ARMED ROBBERS TAKE HOSTAGES, IN CUSTODY
- BSO Case Number: 12-1403-003028
- PIO Number: 14-4-4b
- Date: March 28, 2014
- Time: 11:10 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: La Granja, 3399 N. St. Rd. 7, Lauderdale Lakes
- Jurisdiction: Lauderdale Lakes
- La Granja, 3399 N. St. Rd. 7, Lauderdale Lakes
- Juvenson Etienne, 17, male, 6/30/96, 3741 N.W. 20 St., Lauderdale Lakes (IN CUSTODY)
- Alix Milfort, 17, male, 9/19/96, 4530 N.W. 36 St., Lauderdale Lakes (IN CUSTODY)
- Lovekens Cherelus, 18, male, 9/5/95, 4423 Treehouse Ln., 21H, Tamarac (IN CUSTODY)
- Ralph Estelhomme, 19, male, 9/7/94, 4390 N.W. 36 St., Lauderdale Lakes (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
The Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives arrested all four of the men responsible for the armed takeover robbery of the La Granja restaurant in Lauderdale Lakes in late March.
Just after 11 p.m. on March 28, three employees of the restaurant in Lauderdale Lakes waited outside in a van as their manager closed up for the night. A group of men approached wearing black clothing. One man held a shotgun, while the other two men held handguns. The armed men forced the victims out of the van and back into the restaurant. They held them hostage, threatened to shoot the victims in the head and demanded the money in the restaurant’s safe. Once they had the money, the three men ran away. A fourth man who had remained outside as a lookout fled with them.
Ralph Estelhomme, who was holding the shotgun during the robbery, was spotted running in the parking lot of a nearby apartment building after the robbery. He jumped into a canal trying to escape, but was taken into custody by deputies waiting for him on the other side. On April 5, BSO detectives arrested Lovekens Cherelus at his home in Tamarac. The weapon used in the robbery was recovered during the arrest. On April 9, detectives arrested the last two suspects, Juvenson Etienne and Alix Milfort.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Detective Scott Nida at 954-321-4270 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
** Media Note: Surveillance video is available for download at www.sheriff.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Robbery Det. Scott Nida, CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 4/10/14 1630
- 14-4-4 - 14-4-4
Translate This Page: