BSO's Bomb Squad is a federally accredited Bomb Disposal Unit, meaning it has met the standards and criteria required to provide assistance to local, state and federal agencies countywide.
The Bomb Squad's primary responsibilities include:
- Responding to all suspected explosive devices and suspicious items
- Rendering explosive devices safe
- Neutralizing and disposing of explosives and hazardous chemicals
- Conducting detailed bomb threat searches with specially trained explosive detection canines.
In addition, the unit coordinates the investigations of situations involving the use of bombs, explosives, mass-destruction weapons and at post-blast explosion scenes.
The unit's highly trained and skilled members are equipped with state-of-the-art tools including two custom designed bomb disposal response vehicles, a full containment explosive vessel with transport, the newest remote bomb disposal robot and two additional robots. The team also uses other equipment such as state-of-the-art x-ray technology, heavey blast resistant suits and weapons of mass destruction neutralization.
The unit is staffed by federally certified (FBI and U.S. Army) bomb technicians and bomb detection-trained canines.
- Specialized Units Main Page
- Aviation Unit
- Bicycle Patrol
- Burglary Apprehension Team (BAT)
- Canine Unit
- Child Protective Investigations Section
- Contractor Licensing and Fraud Unit
- Crime Scene
- Crime Lab
- Crime Stoppers Unit
- Criminal Investigations Division
- Dive Team
- DUI Unit
- Economic Crime Unit
- Evidence Unit
- Marine Unit
- Metro Broward Drug Task Force
- Motorcycle Unit
- SWAT Team
- Victim Services Unit
Translate This Page: