In 1978, the Broward Sheriff's Office entered into its first contract for law enforcement services outside of unincorporated Broward County when the city of Lauderdale Lakes retained BSO to provide police services for its 32,000 residents. BSO has provided fire rescue services there since 2003.
BSO's Lauderdale Lakes district is bordered by Commercial Boulevard to the north, Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard to the east, N.W. 19 Street to the south and the Florida Turnpike to the west.
In October 2011, BSO's Central Broward District and Lauderdale Lakes District merged to create a new regional services model. The combined district provides a captain, three lieutenants, 10 sergeants, and 62 deputy sheriff positions throughout the region.
- E-mail Captain Andrew Dunbar
- City of Lauderdale Lakes web site
- Click here for other special services are offered by BSO.
- Code Enforcement: (954) 535-2760 Lakes_Code@sheriff.org
- Combat bike theft. Register your bicycle with BSO's BikeTrack system.
- Search for and map the location of sexual offenders and sexual predators in your area.
- BSO Online Safe Transactions.
Translate This Page: