Since August 1, 1999, the City of Pompano Beach has contracted with BSO to provide police services for its 104,000 full-time residents (more than 125,000 residents in winter months) and businesses, making it the largest city in Broward County to utilize the law enforcement services of the Broward Sheriff's Office. The district, approximately 22 square miles, is bordered by Sample and Copans Roads to the north, Cypress Creek and McNab Road to the south, the Atlantic Ocean to the east and Florida's Turnpike to the west.
The first residents settled the area in 1884. The City of Pompano was incorporated in 1908 and Pompano Beach was formed in 1947 after the city merged with the adjoining coastal area. Noted for its beautiful beaches and the historic Hillsboro Lighthouse, it hosts an annual seafood festival, attracting thousands of visitors.
The district has an annual operating budget of approximately $31.5 million and provides for 295 positions including a district captain, three captains, six lieutenants, 22 sergeants, 201 deputies and other positions.
- E-mail Major John Hale
- City of Pompano Beach web site
- Click here for other special services are offered by BSO.
- Combat bike theft. Register your bicycle with BSO's BikeTrack system.
- Search for and map the location of sexual offenders and sexual predators in your area.
- Senior Explorer Advisor - Sergeant Carol Wargin 954-786-4201
- Our Communities Main Page
- Central Broward
- Cooper City
- Court Services
- Dania Beach
- Deerfield Beach
- Ft Lauderdale-Hollywood Int'l Airport
- Lauderdale Lakes
- North Lauderdale
- Oakland Park
- Pembroke Park, West Park
- Port Everglades
- Weston and unincorporated West Broward
Translate This Page: