The Broward Sheriff's Office actively encourages local citizens to become involved in safeguarding their communities through a variety of educational and participatory programs. Click on a program title for more information:
- COP (Citizen Observer Patrol): local residents help BSO fight crime by patrolling their own neighborhoods.
- Citizens Academy: learn how law enforcement works with this hands-on course.
- Senior Citizens Academy: an eight-week educational experience for Broward County seniors.
- Police Athletic League: provides youth an opportunity to stay out of trouble by participating in sports and other activities after school or during the summer.
- Posse: civilian volunteers assist BSO with activities.
- TRIAD: a partnership designed to reduce criminal victimization of the elderly.
Translate This Page: