Benefits for BSO EmployeesThe Broward Sheriff's Office values the contributions of its certified and civilian employees. The agency's outstanding Benefits Package is one of the ways BSO retains its employees and attracts new personnel to the BSO team.
Here's a sampling of typical employee benefits:
- Medical Insurance: various plans including HMO, HMO Open Access and POS options with pre-tax premium conversion available. New employees are eligible on the first of the month following the date of hire. Prescription plans are also offered
- Domestic Partner coverage: medical, dental and vision coverage is offered
- Life Insurance: One times salary for basic life and AD&D at no cost to the employee. Additional voluntary term life and dependent life are also available
- Dental Insurance: three plans (DHMO, PPO and Indemnity) are available and pre-tax premium conversion is an option
- Line of Duty benefits
- Vision Care Insurance: 100% of the premium for single and family coverage paid for by the Broward Sheriff's Office (in combination with medical insurance election).
- Voluntary Long and Short-Term Disability.
- Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance
- Retirement plan under the Florida Retirement System.
- Sick leave, annual leave, holiday leave, bereavement leave, military leave, personal day, bonus days
- Sick leave pool and donated leave program
- 24-hour fitness center
- Employee Assistance Program, on-site and through medical insurance
- Wellness programs including on-site lunch-time seminars and health screenings for blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.
- Florida Prepaid College Program payroll deduction program
- On-site insurance representatives for medical, dental and vision programs
- Voluntary Legal aid discount program
- Flu and Hepatitis B vaccines at no charge
Additional Benefits for law enforcement deputies:
- Paid academy training
- Take-home patrol car and laptop computer
- Uniform and leather supplied
- Human Resources Main Page
- Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Available Jobs
- Job Descriptions And Pay Grades
- Employee Benefits
- Internship Program
- Internship Opportunities
- Internship FAQs
Translate This Page: